Since 1995, we have built up a wealth of experience in helping the community. The work of the organization has been culturally sensitive, complex and multi-layered, we have been activists, social workers, spokespersons, advocates and above all, a supportive and caring community of women and men volunteers.
In addition to the ongoing services we provide to our clients, some of our recent achievements include:
- Established Jaagarati Support Group to help the families of South Asian Culture from Domestic Violence.
- Provided regular workshops, on needed spheres for the upliftment of the individual.
- Conducted sensitization workshops for self-protection for women and young girls to equip them with the requisite understanding and skills to effectively handle cases of street violence.
- Addressed the psycho-social needs of victims during and after rescue – by guiding the right plan of action.
- Established programs providing free English and Computer classes for women and men to stand and recognize their skills and feel that the knowledge open many doors.
- Meetings on the inter-generational dialogue in the South Asian community to prevent further damage of relations creating the curse-full atmosphere of domestic violence.
- Cultural sensitization training messages from different renowned personality through the medium of the talk show which Roopa ji, host and direct.
- Provided service all over New Zealand in respect of Domestic Violence, as it is prevalent in all the regions of New Zealand and the vast South Asian population is spread firmly in all areas.
- Provided emergency funds at many times when required by India or NZ – example The Uttarkhand Disaster, Christchurch earthquake, provided assistance for the community in crises
- Broadcast message against domestic violence on different talk shows and workshops and events.
- Published articles about domestic violence on regular intervals to make the community aware of this dirty practice.
- Part of the Youth Voice Programs against Domestic Violence which helped many to realize that it is a wrong practice and we have to take preventative measures to clean our environment.
- Sponsored in numerous events for the community integration through festivals celebration as the demand of the diverse population in New Zealand.
- Sponsored a play Humsae Bhadkar Kaun by , with Roshni Chadha support and many such events which were to make to make the soul aware for its purpose
- Participated in continuous talk shows for the immigrant students of Asian heritage who struggled after landing here and guided them with appropriate information and gave them full support in need of any Career oriented, exploitation concern, awareness of services and rights regarding and many more or even accompanied them whenever required.