1. Abuse is not a by-product of culture.
2. Domestic violence is never alright.
3. No religion or culture encourages to abuse in any relationship.
4. Unfortunately, religion and culture are broadly interchanged and used as excuses by abusers for domestic violence against their South Asian partners.
5. The family of the perpetrator may reprimand the abuser in private but supports and praises in public.
6. This is done to keep up the Family Name in public. At all costs, even at the Emotional, Physical and Psychological so that everything remains Family secret.
7. This "cover-up" further spurs the cycle of violence as the abuser knows there are no consequences to his behavior.